1. The Association shall pursue its aims through educational, humanitarian and scientific activities. It will remain a politically neutral, not for profit organization.
2. The Association will practice inclusion and will not allow any kind of discrimination in or through its activities. It will nurture the values of equality, equity and justice and will perceive diversity as a strength.
3. It will nurture the spirit of cooperation, collaboration and mutual respect and understanding.
4. Accepting holistic thinking and approach as an essential part of medicine, the Association will base all its activities on the basic rules of medical ethics and deontology, especially those of beneficence (“Salus aegroti suprima lex.”), non-maleficence (“Primum non nocere!”) and justice.
5. As an organization with a regional aim, the Association will base the majority of its efforts within the scope of the European region and will nurture European Values, specifically those of humanistic thinking, rationality, the universality of human rights and the sanctity of human life and dignity.
6. Through its activities the Association will strive to enhance social cohesion, improve the quality of education, healthcare and life in general and respect environmental protection as the basis of its activities.
7. The Association will apply the principle of free access to information in its activities and shall also support open access initiatives.
As such, EMSA is an organization that strongly supports active citizenship and the involvement of students in decision making processes. We are one of the most active student organizations in this field and are an active member of the Domus Medica, an alliance of European Medical Organizations.
|EMSA also actively works with other student organizations and young people in general. We are strong supporters of international, multidisciplinary cooperation and therefore work hard on developing collaboration, partnership and solidarity not only between our local organizations, but also on a wider scale.|
By organizing international congresses and conferences which aim to create international statements and policies we strongly support international cohesion with regard to local customs and traditions. Also, by organizing international research summits, we foster international student involvement in the field of multidisciplinary research and development, thus supporting research innovation and creativity. EMSA is also a strong supporter of Open Access (to research data) and as such our medical journal is Open Access and our scientific conferences promote it.
|EMSA takes special notice of our impact on the society. As such, we have several projects dealing with palliative care (care for the terminally ill), children and elderly. One of our most prominent projects, the Teddy Bear Hospital, is a perfect example of how our members interact and are active in their local society.|
Furthermore, EMSA is also actively working with orphanages, clinics for children with disabilities and is active in the field of public awareness rising. Related projects aim to increase public support of children with physical and social disabilities, to raise public awareness on health related issues as well as to support a broader involvement of the civil society in such matters (education, inclusion, volunteering, health and tolerance).
All this makes EMSA and its members not only active, but also valuable parts of both the local as well as the European society.
EMSA - About